John Mangiaratti, Town Manager
472 Main St.
Acton, MA 01720
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019
Contact: Jordan Mayblum
Email: [email protected]
Town of Acton Invites Residents to Attend Public Forums on West Acton Sewer Project
ACTON — Town Manager John Mangiaratti is pleased to announce that the Town of Acton will host several public forums and events for residents to learn about the West Acton Sewer Project.
- Every Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Engineering Department, 468 Main St.
- Sept. 12 at 7 p.m. – Public forum, Acton Town Hall, Room 204
- Sept. 22 – The Acton-Boxborough Farmers Market
- Sept. 26 from 1 to 3 p.m. – Acton Health & Human Services Open House, 30 Sudbury Road
- Sept. 29 – West Acton Oktoberfest,
- Oct. 10 at 7 p.m. – Public forum, The Gallery, West Acton Villageworks, 525 Massachusetts Ave.
- Nov. 14 at 7 p.m. – Public forum, Acton Town Hall, Room 204
- Nov. 18 at 7 p.m. –Select Board meeting, Acton Town Hall, Room 204
Anyone is welcome to attend the events.
The West Acton Sewer Continuation Project will connect West Acton to the Town’s public sewer system. This step is a recommended solution of the Comprehensive Water Resource Management Plan (CWRMP) to improve water quality town-wide.
The Town’s sewer system currently serves South Acton, Kelley’s Corner and the Acton-Boxborough High School Campus.
The project is also designed to support future wastewater solutions for Windsor Green, Gates School, Dover Heights Apartments and other surrounding properties.
“There are many benefits to this project including increased water quality, environmental resource protection and economic sustainability,” Town Manager Mangiaratti said. “We encourage residents to attend one or more of these community events to learn and ask questions about the proposed project.”
The Town is scheduled to vote on the West Acton Sewer Project at the Acton Special Town Meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m.