Blaine Cox, City Manager
31 Wakefield Street
Rochester, NH 03867
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, June 24, 2019
Media Contact: Jordan Mayblum
Email: [email protected]
City of Rochester Seeks Volunteers to Fill Positions on Multiple Boards, Including Zoning Board of Adjustment
ROCHESTER — City Manager Blaine Cox announces that the City of Rochester is working to fill vacancies on some of its boards and commissions, including the Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA).
The ZBA meets once a month to evaluate requests by property owners for variances and special exceptions from the zoning ordinance, as well as appeals from administrative decisions.
Members of the board are tasked with making informed decisions and casting their votes in accordance with zoning and land use rules, as well as the laws governing zoning board decisions. Fair, open minded people with good listening skills, and an understanding of the community and it’s ordinances, or willingness to learn them are typically well-suited to serve on the ZBA.
“These positions are crucial for the city to fill because the ZBA plays an essential role in overseeing land use and ensuring that zoning laws are applied fairly and equitably across Rochester,” City Manager Cox said.
There is currently one regular opening and two alternate openings on the ZBA.
The ZBA openings are in addition to openings on the following boards and commissions:
- Arts and Culture Commission: Three regular positions and one education representative position
- Conservation Commission: One regular member and one alternate
- Rochester Economic Development Commission: One regular member
- Rochester Government Channel: Two regular positions
- Historic District Commission: One alternate position
- Planning Board: Two alternate positions
- Recreation and Arena Commission: One regular position
- Strafford Regional Planning Commission
- Trustees of the Trust Fund: Two regular positions
Anyone interested in learning more about any of the openings is encouraged to contact the City Clerk online here or call 603-332-2130.