Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Town of Acton
Town Manager John Mangiaratti
472 Main St.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Jordan Mayblum
Email: [email protected]
Acton Set to Celebrate NARA Park’s 20th Anniversary
Town Will Recognize Park on July 4, Host Summer Slate of Concerts and Events
ACTON — The Town of Acton will mark the 20th anniversary of the the Nathaniel Allen Recreation Area Park in a variety of ways in the coming weeks.
Acton is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the opening of NARA Park this summer on social media by releasing 20 facts over the days leading up to the annual Independence Day celebration. To follow along, residents are encouraged to follow the Town of Acton on Facebook and Twitter.
On Thursday, July 4, NARA will serve as the host venue for Acton’s annual Independence Day Celebration, which will feature family-friendly activities, musical performances and fireworks — all free of charge. Attendees may bring their own food and beverages, but a variety of food will also be available for purchase at the event. In addition, the final fact commemorating the anniversary of the park will be unveiled at the July 4 event.
The Independence Day Celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. and is free to attend, though tickets for unlimited games, bounce house and water slide access are available for $15. Train ride tickets may be purchased for $5 each.
NARA is a 40-acre park that opened in 1999, and has since become a destination for residents and visitors alike. It serves as the only swimming pond in Acton and is also the site of the NARA Summer Camp, where kids ages 4-15 have gathered for the last 19 summers for a variety of activities and events.
This year, parking fees have been waived for all park guests in order to make NARA Park more accessible than ever.
“NARA Park has been an invaluable community asset since the day it opened, and we’re all extremely excited to celebrate its 20th anniversary,” said Natural Resources Director Tom Tidman. “It truly does have something for everyone, and the Independence Day Celebration will be a great way to reflect on NARA Park’s impact on our community and look forward to its future.”
Throughout the summer and early fall, NARA features a variety of concerts and events, including:
- Saturday, June 22: Beach Party Blast
- Wednesday, June 26: Classical Music in the Park
- Friday, June 28: Kashmir – Led Zeppelin Tribute (ticketed concert)
- Thursday, July 4: Independence Day Celebration featuring Blushing Brides – Rolling Stones Tribute Band
- Friday, July 12: Hal McIntryre Orchestra–Tribute to Peggy Lee & Frank Sinatra (Ticketed Event)
- Wednesday, July 17: Moondrive
- Friday, July 19: Best Friends Girl – Cars Tribute Band (Ticketed Event)
- Wednesday, July 24: Jumpin’ Juba featuring Steve Hurl
- Friday, July 26: Yellow Brick Road – Elton John Tribute Show (Ticketed Event)
- Friday, Aug. 2: Into the Mystic – Tribute to Van Morrison (Ticketed Event)
- Wednesday, Aug. 7: Don’t Tell Jack!
- Friday, Aug. 9: Tusk – Fleetwood Mac Tribute Show (Ticketed Event)
- Wednesday, Aug. 14: Loose Connection Band
- Wednesday, Aug. 21: Tony Funches, Former Lead Singers of The Platters
- Friday, Aug. 23: Foreigners Journey – Ultimate tribute to two of rocks greatest arena bands of the 80’s! (ticketed event)
- Saturday, Sept. 7: Food & Floyd Fest – Music, Munchies & More! Featuring Gilmour’s Breakfast (Ticketed Event)
- Friday, Oct. 18: Monsterbash! ($5 at the door)
To learn more about NARA Park, located at 25 Ledge Rock Way, click here.