Dr. Heidi T. Riccio, Superintendent
565 Maple Street
Hathorne, MA 01937
For Immediate Release
Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019
Contact: John Guilfoil
Email: [email protected]
*Media Advisory* Attorney General Maura Healey to Present at Essex Tech as Part of Youth Vaping Conference
Event to Include Speakers from Boston, Melrose, Wakefield and More
DANVERS– Superintendent Heidi Riccio is pleased to announce that Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School, in conjunction with the Middlesex Partnerships for Youth, Inc., will host a Vaping and Our Youth conference next week with Attorney General Maura Healey presenting as the keynote speaker.
Friday, March 1 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
*Attorney General Healey to speak from 9:15-9:45 a.m.*
Essex North Shore, 565 Maple St., Hathorne (Danvers) in the media center on the main campus
- Attorney General Maura Healey
- Massachusetts state Sen. Jason Lewis, 5th Middlesex District
- Jamie Gaynes, Government Relations Specialist, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Lester Hartman, Westwood-Mansfield Pediatric Association
- Cynthia J. Grondin, Department of Biology, North Carolina State University
- Catherine Dhingra, Director, Wakefield Unified Prevention Coalition, Town of Wakefield Health Department
- Jason Skillings, School Resource Officer, Wakefield Police Department
- Maureen Buzby, Melrose Board of Health & Regional Tobacco Prevention Program Coordinator
The use of vaping products and e-cigarettes has become an epidemic among teens. In addition to updates about legal issues associated with vaping, this conference will focus on associated health dangers and how vaping and the use of e-cigarettes impact adolescent brain development.
An afternoon “boots on the ground” panel will make proactive suggestions for both curriculum and school management interventions.
Because this event is not open to the public, members of the media are kindly asked to RSVP as soon as possible to Jessica Sacco via email at [email protected] or phone at 617-993-0003. We are happy to accommodate print and digital reporters and photographers.