Chief Charles E. Doody
99 Revere St.
Canton, MA 02021
For Immediate Release
Friday, Sept. 14, 2018
Contact: Benjamin Paulin
Email: [email protected]
Canton Fire Department Urges Elderly Residents to Attend Presentation on Alcohol and Drug Abuse
CANTON — Chief Charles E. Doody announces that the Canton Fire Department will be partnering with the Canton Alliance Against Substance Abuse (CAASA) to host an informational presentation about alcohol and drug use and misuse among older adults next week.
“This is an important topic to broach not matter what someone’s age is. Alcohol and drug abuse affects many lives and there is help available,” Chief Doody said. “Hopefully this presentation will be helpful to some of our older residents.”
Thursday, Sept. 20 at 4 p.m.
Canton Senior Center, 500 Pleasant St.
- Canton Alliance Against Substance Abuse
- Canton Fire Department
- Canton Police Department
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Bureau of Substance Addiction Programs
Carol Girard from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Bureau of Substance Addiction Programs will be speaking at the Canton Senior Center.
Topics of her presentation will include:
- Alcohol and older adult health
- Trends driving increases in alcohol and drug use among older adults
- Prescription medications and opioids, their interaction with alcohol and other drugs
- Safe storage and disposal of unused medicine
- Treatment resources and support options
In order to attend the presentation, please call 781-828-1323 to RSVP.
CAASA was established in 2013 to address youth substance abuse. Its collaboration allows for a 360 degree perspective on the issues affecting Canton and how best to address them. Meetings are held on the third Monday monthly at the Canton Fire Department.