Timothy J. Bradshaw, Fire Chief
50 School St.
Taunton, MA 02780
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Contact: Benjamin Paulin
Email: [email protected]
Taunton Fire Department Extinguishes Early Morning House Fire
TAUNTON — Chief Timothy Bradshaw reports that the Taunton Fire Department extinguished a house fire early this morning.
At approximately 12:25 a.m., the Taunton Fire Department received a call about a structure fire at 135 Belmont St.
When firefighters arrived, the only occupant of the house, an elderly woman, was standing outside. The woman was awoken by the sound of a smoke detector and safely got out of the single-family house and called 911. There were no injuries.
The fire was quickly extinguished and was contained to the home’s living room. The house sustained fire damage to a wall and smoke damage throughout.
The initial investigation indicates that the fire originated in the home’s electrical wiring. The resident of the home will be staying with a family member who lives in the city.