Town of Arlington
Department of Health and Human Services
Christine Bongiorno, Director
27 Maple St.
Arlington, MA 02476
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Media Contact: John Guilfoil
Arlington Announces 2018 Patriot’s Day Parade
ARLINGTON — The Department of Health and Human Services is pleased to announce the schedule for this year’s Patriot’s Day Parade in Arlington.
Sunday, April 15
- 8 a.m. – Arlington Boys and Girls Club Fun Run
- 12 p.m. – Menotomy Battle Reenactment
- 2 p.m. – Parade kickoff
- Arlington Boys and Girls Club Fun Run – The race will begin at the Arlington/Lexington line on Massachusetts Avenue and finish at the Boys and Girls Club, 60 Pond Lane.
- Menotomy Battle Reenactment – Jason Russell House, 7 Jason St.
- Patriot’s Day Parade – The parade route will be on Massachusetts Avenue from Brattle Street to Adams Street. Residents should note that adjacent areas will be closed to traffic and should walk to the parade if they can. Click here to view the parade route and all road closures.
Arlington’s Patriot’s Day celebrations will kick off with the 54th Annual Arlington Boys and Girls Club Fun Run. The 2.5-mile event is open to all Arlington residents and members of the Boys and Girls Club. For more information, including registration, visit their website by clicking here.
Following the road race, a reenactment of the Menotomy Battle will take place at the Jason Russell House, the site of the most violent encounter during the Battle of Lexington and Concord. The reenactment is free to the public.
The annual Patriot’s Day parade will conclude the day’s events and will be held rain or shine. In order to help defray costs associated with the parade, the Parade Committee is seeking donations. Donations of any amount are appreciated and can be made online by clicking here or by mailing a check to the Arlington Patriot’s Day Committee, c/o Veterans’ Services, 730 Massachusetts Ave., Arlington, MA 02476.
For more information about the parade, click here.