John J. Bryfonski, Chief of Police
55 Constitution Drive
Bedford, NH 03110
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Contact: John Guilfoil
Email: [email protected]
*DATE CHANGE* Bedford, N.H. Police to Hold Social Media and Human Trafficking Summit
Please note: Due to the impending storm, the date of this event has been changed to Monday, April 9.
BEDFORD, N.H. — Chief John J. Bryfonski announces that the Bedford Police Department will be holding a social media and human trafficking summit next month.
Monday, April 9
- 5:30 p.m. Reception by Invitation Only
- 6:00 p.m. General Admission
- 6:30 p.m. Event begins
Manchester Christian Church, 56 Old Bedford Road, Bedford N.H.
- Bedford Police Chief John Bryfonski, Moderator
- Manchester Police Lt. Nicole Ledoux
- Portsmouth Police Det. Sgt. Tom Grella, N.H. Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force Commander
- Agent Michael Posanka, Resident Agent in Charge of Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Manchester, N.H.
- Bedford Police Det. Matt Fleming, N.H. Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Catherine Wilson, Human Trafficking Survivor
- Rebecca Ayling, N.H. Child and Family Services
- Dominique Malebranche, PhD
- Assistant US Attorney Mark Zuckerman
The social media and human trafficking summit, “Hiding in Plain Sight,” will bring law enforcement, medical professionals, victim advocates and their partners together with the public in an effort to raise awareness on the growing issue of social media and human trafficking.
Attendees will learn about how social media and human trafficking are connected, as well as what human trafficking looks like in New England.
The event will feature a video, a panel discussion with a question and answer session, as well as a human trafficking survivor who will be addressing the audience.
This event is sponsored by the Bedford Police Department, Homeland Security, the New Hampshire Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, and New Hampshire Child and Family Services.