Chief Gary F. Sullivan
46 Lothrop St.
North Easton, MA 02356
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
Media Contact: Benjamin Paulin
Easton Police Arrest Man on Drug Charges
EASTON — Chief Gary Sullivan reports that the Easton Police Department arrested a man and charged him with selling drugs in a grocery store parking lot on Monday.
COLBY HARDY, AGE 18, OF EASTON is charged with:
- Distribution of a Class D Drug, Marijuana
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class D Drug, Marijuana
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class C Drug, Tetrahydrocannabinol Concentrate
- Conspiracy to Violate the Controlled Substance Laws
- Minor in Possession of Alcohol
- Possession of a False Registry of Motor Vehicles document
At approximately 11:45 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 19, Easton Police detectives were investigating suspicious activity in the Shaw’s supermarket parking lot, 690 Depot St.
While there, detectives observed what appeared to be two separate drug deals that took place between two males, where money and small baggies allegedly changed hands.
Through a subsequent investigation, HARDY was identified by police as the person selling the narcotics.
He was placed in custody and while being searched detectives found three ounces of marijuana, a large amount of concentrated forms of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) — also known as “dabs” — a digital scale, materials consistent with packaging narcotics and cash.
HARDY was released on bail Monday and is scheduled to be arraigned in Taunton District Court today.
These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.