Daniel Fitzpatrick, City Manager
31 Wakefield Street
Rochester, NH 03867
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017
Media Contact: John Guilfoil
Email: [email protected]
Rochester Warming Center Update
ROCHESTER — The Rochester Warming Center has important updates. Effective Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017, the following will be in place:
- The warming center will be open 24 hours until Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018 at 8 a.m.
- Starting Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018, the warming center will only be open during the overnight from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. daily.
- The coalition of providers and the City of Rochester will meet on Tuesday to determine the need for the duration of services for an overnight warming center.
- Warm meals and showers will be available to anyone utilizing the center while in operation until Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018.
- There are no medical services available at the warming center. If you are in need of medical help, please seek help with your healthcare provider, urgent care or hospital.
- The warming center is thankful for the generous donations. The center is not accepting additional donations as of Saturday, Dec. 30. We encourage everyone to donate to local food pantries and shelters to support the long term needs of the homeless in the county.
- If you need assistance and cannot access the warming center, please call 211.
The community of providers and City are thankful for the outpouring of support for our most vulnerable residents during this extreme weather event.
Warming Center address:
- Rochester Community Center, 150 Wakefield St., entrance in the back (opposite side of Spaulding High School)
- Warming Center phone: 1-978-378-5094
- Coast bus stop Route 6 and Route 2, bus stop if located outside of community center, across from England Pizza/McDonald’s.