Michael F. Devine, Superintendent
180 Harborview Road
Hull, MA 02045
For Immediate Release
Friday, Dec. 8, 2017
Contact: John Guilfoil
Email: [email protected]
Hull Public Schools Announce Upcoming Winter Concerts
HULL — Superintendent Michael F. Devine is pleased to announce the upcoming winter concerts that will take place at the Hull elementary, middle and high schools this month.
“Our students have been working really hard on their songs this year and we invite loved ones and the public to come see and hear the great performances they will be putting on,” Superintendent Devine said. “This annual tradition is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season.”
Lillian M. Jacobs Elementary School, 180 Harborview Road
Thursday, Dec. 14:
- 9 a.m. – Preschoolers, kindergartners, first graders and second graders will be performing. As is the annual tradition, kindergartners will don red reindeer noses and sing “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.”
- 1:30 p.m. – Students in grades three through five will each sing two songs, including “Jingle Bell Rock,” “Frosty the Snowman” and “Feliz Navidad.”
Due to space and parking limitations, attendance will be limited limited to family members of students.
Memorial Middle School, 81 Central Ave.
Thursday, Dec. 14:
- 7 p.m. – The Winter Band Concert features the sixth grade band, jazz band and concert band. The jazz band will play “Groovin’ Hard,” a hard-swinging shuffle made popular by legendary drummer Buddy Rich. The sixth grade band will be playing holiday favorites like “Up on the Housetop” and “Jingle Bells.” The concert band will be performing a selection titled “Windsor Overture” and also a lively medley of traditional Hanukkah music in the piece “A Celebration of Hanukkah.”
Tuesday, Dec. 19:
- 7 p.m. – The Winter Chorus Concert will be put on by the sixth grade chorus and concert choir. The chorus will singing the songs “Snowflake Carol” and “Colors of Winter.” The concert choir will open their portion of the concert with “Winter Pathetique,” with lyrics set to one of Beethoven’s most popular piano sonatas. They will also be singing “All I Want for Christmas Is You.” The concert will conclude with the annual tradition of a “Winter Wonderland” sing-along with both choirs and the audience.
Both concerts are open to the public and admission is free.
Hull High School, 180 Main St.
Wednesday, Dec. 20
- 7 p.m. – The Hull High School band will be performing their annual Holiday Concert in the Joseph C. Doniger Auditorium. Students from Piano and Music Technology classes will be spotlighted during the concert.
The concert is free and open to the public.