John J. Bryfonski, Chief of Police
55 Constitution Drive
Bedford, NH 03110
For Immediate Release
Saturday, April 23, 2016
Contact: John Guilfoil
Email: [email protected]
Bedford Police Arrest Eight People for Rioting Outside Residence
BEDFORD – Chief John Bryfonski reports that the Bedford Police Department arrested eight people for causing a riot-like situation outside of a residence last night.
On Friday, April 22 at approximately 8 p.m., Bedford Police received a 911 call from a resident of a home on Curtis Court reporting that at least eight people were involved in an ongoing fight on the property.
Upon arrival at the residence, police observed 13 people gathered in the driveway and the road, some armed with metal pipes, knives and a handgun. A preliminary investigation revealed that eight of the people had gathered outside of the residence shortly before police arrived, to confront the tenants of the home.
The suspect responsible for orchestrating the assembly, identified as JEFFREY RILEY, AGE 23, OF BEDFORD, was found to be armed with a loaded handgun and wearing a ballistic vest. RILEY was arrested for Felony Riot and Felonious Use of Body Armor. He was released on $4,000 personal recognizance and is scheduled to appear at the 9th Circuit Court – District Division – Merrimack at a later date.
The following individuals were also arrested:
- ANTHONY PERKINS-BRAINARD, AGE 24, OF HUDSON, was arrested for Felony Riot and Felony Criminal Threatening with the use of deadly weapon. He was released on $4,000 personal recognizance.
- KEVIN HARDY, AGE 43, OF MANCHESTER, was arrested for Felony Riot. He was released on $2,500 personal recognizance.
- CHRISTOPHER LOMBARD, AGE 37, OF DERRY, was arrested for Misdemeanor A Riot and Possession of a Controlled Drug. He was released on $1,500 person recognizance.
- RACHEL HAMILTON, AGE 26, OF HUDSON, was arrested for Misdemeanor A Riot. She was released on $1,000 personal recognizance.
- JEREMY CHAMPAGNE, AGE 23, OF BEDFORD, was arrested for Misdemeanor A Riot. He was released on $1,000 personal recognizance.
- JASON WILDES, AGE 40, OF SALEM, was arrested for Misdemeanor A Riot. He was released on $1,000 personal recognizance.
- ALEXANDRA BOULE, AGE 22, OF MANCHESTER, was arrested for Misdemeanor A Riot. She was released on $1,000 personal recognizance.
“Fortunately, police were able to deescalate this situation before anyone was injured,” Chief Bryfonski said. “At this point, we are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the situation.”
The Bedford Police Department is actively investigating the circumstances surrounding this incident and will not be disclosing further details at this time. Anyone who has additional information regarding this incident should contact the police station at 603-472-5113.
These are allegations. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty.