Chief Domenic J. DiMella
27 Hamilton Street
Saugus, MA 01906
For Immediate Release
Monday, Nov. 16, 2015
Contact: Jessica Sacco
Email: [email protected]
Saugus Police Recover Stolen Items from Barber Masters, Will Charge Suspect Involved
SAUGUS — Chief Domenic J. DiMella is pleased to report that the Saugus Police Department recovered several signed Boston sports memorabilia items that were stolen from a local business last month.
Police responded to Barber Masters, 643 Broadway, on Oct. 22, on the report of a burglary. Employees had come into work and noticed bare walls where framed jerseys and pictures normally hung while customers received their haircuts.
After a thorough investigation, which included viewing surveillance footage from the shop, members of the Saugus Police Criminal Investigations Division recovered the stolen property on Nov. 13. The items are estimated to be worth $5,500.
- Autographed David Ortiz Red Sox game jersey
- Autographed John Bucyk Bruins jersey
- Autographed Tom Brady Patriots jersey
- Autographed Jason Varitek picture
- Autographed Paul Pierce Celtics jersey
- Autographed Nomar Garciaparra Red Sox jersey and rookie card
- Autographed Ray Allen Celtics jersey
- Framed Boston Celtics 1980’s game ticket stubs
- Autographed Michael Jordan jersey
- Autographed Adam Vinatieri Patriots jersey
- Boston Celtics picture autographed by Red Auerbach
“We were happy to assist in returning these coveted items to their rightful owner to bring back the Boston sports atmosphere at this barbershop,” Chief DiMella said. “Our investigation into the theft remains open and ongoing, but charges are forthcoming.”
A suspect has been identified and charges will be sought in Lynn District Court. However, due to the ongoing investigation, no further information is available at this time.