John J. Bryfonski, Chief of Police
55 Constitution Drive
Bedford, NH 03110
For Immediate Release
Monday, Nov. 2, 2015
Contact: John Guilfoil
Email: [email protected]
*Media Advisory* Bedford Police to Host Substance Abuse Summit
BEDFORD — Chief John Bryfonski and the Bedford Police Department invite the public to attend a Substance Abuse Summit next month. The summit comes amidst a national substance abuse epidemic.
“No community is immune from the threat of this opioid epidemic including our own,” Chief Bryfonski said. “I would strongly encourage Bedford residents to attend this forum so we can begin a discussion on how we can combat this crisis in our community and provide appropriate resources to those who need them.”
Heroin and prescription drug abuse have reached epidemic proportions in the state of New Hampshire, and Bedford is not immune. Join the Bedford Police Department for a community discussion about the threat posed by substance abuse, particularly heroin and prescription drug abuse, and what is being done and what still needs to be done to effectively address this threat.
Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 7 p.m.
Manchester Christian Church, 56 Old Bedford Road, Bedford, NH
- Moderator Chief Bryfonski, Bedford Police
- Co-moderator Superintendent McGee, Bedford School District
- Tym Rourke, Director of NH Charitable Foundation
- Jayson Pratt, Representative from Phoenix House
- Mary Forsythe-Taber, CPS, Executive Director, Substance Misuse Prevention Coordinator
- Laurie Warnock, Representative from DrugFreeNH.org
- Clergy Representation
- Bedford Fire Chief Scott Wiggin