An Essex, Mass. firefighter is recovering at home after he had to be rushed to a hospital by Medflight after he fell from a ladder while battling a fire at a 100-year-old home on April 25.
The firefighter, who was identified as George Stavros in a report by the Gloucester Times was taken at first to Beverly Hospital and then, by helicopter, to a Boston hospital with serious injuries. He was released a few days later, and is recovering from chest and back wounds, the newspaper reported.
The fire drew mutual aid from Manchester, Hamilton, Wenham, and Gloucester, with Ipswich covering Essex’s firehouse at the time.
Chief Dan Doucette told the Times that the fire was accidental in nature, likely caused by an outdoor grill.