MassDOT Advisory: Andover – Bridge Replacement North Main Street (Route 28) over MBTA & PanAm Railroads
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, Oct. 19, 2018
Media Contact: John Guilfoil
Email: [email protected]
Andover – Bridge Replacement North Main Street (Route 28) over MBTA & PanAm Railroads
MBTA Haverhill Commuter Rail Line Weekend Diversion and Local Road Impacts
From 10:00 PM Friday, October 26th to 5:00 AM Monday, October 29th
ANDOVER – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced that on Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th that the MBTA’s Haverhill Commuter Rail Line will be bused between Ballardvale and Haverhill Stations, with shuttle buses serving all stations between on or very close to the train schedule (minor delays).
Buses will stop at the stations as follows:
- Andover: At the pickup/drop-off on Railroad St. at the Essex St. end of the platform
- Lawrence: In the busway
- Bradford: In the parking lot on the inbound side
- Haverhill: in the parking lot on the inbound side
Amtrak Downeaster service will be bused between Haverhill and Boston and will not be serving Anderson/Woburn station. Regular commuter rail service will resume at the start of service on Monday, Oct. 29th.
During this railroad shutdown, the contractor will be working from 10:00 PM Friday 10/26 to 5:00 AM Monday 10/29. One-way alternating traffic will be established with Police details directing traffic through the work zone. If necessary, local traffic will be detoured overnight from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
These impacts are necessary in order to allow demolition activities which are part of the $7 million project to replace the bridge carrying North Main Street (Route 28) over the MBTA and PanAm Railroads.
Abutters receieved this letter from MassDOT outlining the project schedule and impacts.
MassDOT encourages drivers to seek alternate routes, if possible, to avoid delays. Drivers that must travel through the affected area should expect delays, reduce speed and use caution while traveling through the work zone.
For more information on traffic conditions travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 before heading out onto the roadways and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, access to traffic cameras, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.